Luckily, you don’t need harsh, chemical dyes to tint fabric in lovely colors!
List of things you will need:
6. 100% cotton Fabric/T-Shirt/Scarf
1. Pour about 2 liters of water in your vessel and bring it to a boil.
2. Then add four spoons of coffee or tea and let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
3. Take another container and put warm water from your bathroom heater( you can heat the water on stove as well) and add 2 spoon of salt. Soak the fabric/anything that you want to dye in the solution(has to be undyed/white and 100% cotton/silk/linen) and leave it till fully wetted.
4.Turn off the heat, strain the solution in a vessel and add your wetted fabric to the pot, and use your spoon to make sure that the fabric gets a nice coating in the dye. Let your fabric soak. The longer it soaks, the more vibrant your color will be.
5. Check it after the first 5-10 minutes, and turn on the stove and let the dye bath get to boil, then just keep checking on the fabric every few minutes until you get the vibrancy you’re looking for.
5. Turn off the stove. Take out the dyed fabric from the dye bath and rinse it in tap water until all extra dye washes out from the fabric.
6. Wash it with a mild detergent and dry it in shade. Putting it in sun will fade the color from fabric. Press the dried fabric with mild iron, this will help the colour to set on fabric.
7. You're ready to use it.
Save the leftover dye in a container and you can use it for more projects.